Life’s Retreat – The Bedroom
The bedroom is perhaps the most personal space in the house. In this room, you naturally release yourself from the complications of the day and bare your invulnerabilities. This room is also where intimacy and passion are cultivated and expressed.
Your bed, your place of rest, is always the main focus of attention in this room. The rest of your furniture then complements the theme of your bedroom, along with the accessories within. Your intimate space then must be designed to reflect your own personality. The idea is to be as comfortable as possible as you sink into a wonderful and relaxing sleep after a long day of hard work. You can create the suitable atmosphere for rest and relaxation using bedroom furniture white.
Significance of the Color White
The color white represents a number of various meanings according to different cultures. Some of the more positive representations are:
- Purity – probably the most common significance of the color. The color is the beginning of all things. Sainthood and Divinity are almost always characterized by this.
- Clean Start – the color represents new beginnings, a clean slate. Starting off from scratch and overcoming challenges are well represented by this color.
- Unity – in the theory of light, the color white is the presence of all colors combined in the same instant. This represents wholeness.
- Justice – neutrality is also a common representation of the color. It gives an impression of balance and equality of all that is within it;
- Salvation – just as the light of the sun rescues us from the dark of the night, the color represents hope for the best things even amidst difficulties.
- Prophecy – the color symbolizes the future, a clean slate on which we can draw on whatever we wish to build or to do.
- Efficiency – suggesting cleanliness and order, the color suggests management and efficiency.
Psychology of the Color White
When personified, the color white embodies many principles. Seeing and appreciating the color also lets the person absorb and radiate these values in our own lives. In the bedroom, bedroom furniture white releases a vibe that the owner’s personality is most likely to be as complete and as pure. It also works inward to the person. The theme of the room can help make the owner appreciate the purity and wholeness of oneself. This effect is amplified because the bedroom is our place of refuge and this synergizes with the representations of the color white.